Thursday, October 19, 2006

Nothing New about IE7

After completely deleting/uninstalling Internet explorer from my machine due to Ad-ware & Spyware attack, I noticed that I did not miss IE at all. The Mozilla Firefox with IE Tab Add-on was more than enough to meet all web sites requirements.

But today I gave thought to installing newly released IE7, just to get familiar with all the new features. Surprisingly, I did not find any significant new features; everything newly added was already available in Firefox. So this IE7 release was mostly to catch up with Firefox features.

I was at least anticipating the feature where I could right click, highlight the word and search the web for that selected word, which can be easily done in Firefox.

The only unique feature is you can set a different home page for each tab, but I am not sure how much this feature will be useful.