Thursday, September 07, 2006

Winning a Million Dollar on Fake Lottery

For a moment we thought we really won the 1 million dollars

The letter stated

Dear Sir,

You’ve won the third prize in Inter’L Lottery of amt 800,754 Euros (equivalent of 1,014,815 USD) which was played for you by your agent. We request you to collect your prize before Oct 9th thru any of following method A. Cash B. Check C. Bank Transfer . Your agent will receive 6% commission on your prize. (I didn’t mind even giving 10 % commission to that unknown agent)

Please provide your bank details on attached form and mail it back promptly.

Congratulation Once again!


I must acknowledge, even thou I knew It can’t be TRUE; Spontaneously my mind started planning how to spend this money. Even my wife started imaginary packaging bags to go back.

It was that Real. It has nice professional letter with signature & stamp from Board of Director, Attached to it a duplicate copy of lottery ticket with my name printed on it. It was mailed from International address.

But Soon after Googling on the name of Lottery, the Truth came out that It was nicely done SCAM. Beware ! If you get such kind of letter.