Friday, September 08, 2006

Migrating Blog on Beta version

Moved this Blog on Beta version specially to use the Label feature which allows to categories the post. This makes searching easy and gives a good glance by category.

As you see, I’ve already labeled few old posts. Labeling all the old posts will be big project but will surely label future post accordingly. I wanted to have this feature so badly that I had to give up already customized template as this wasn’t supported on previous version.

Restoring previous customization in new template was quite challenging task but being a programmer I could manage it restore it almost. Thou it was all try and error basis due to unawareness of HTML/XML tags.

Another great feature I liked is hierarchical archiving. This archiving style certainly gives more visibility & makes it easy access old posts.

If I am correct, it’s all AJAX technology which heavily replacing tradition html websites, an initiative started by Google.