Saturday, July 08, 2006

Globe Trekker - Ian Wright

I am sure, most of you might have come across this guy "Ian Wright", while watching Discovery Channel.

He hosts the Globe Trekker show while traveling around the world. He is pretty cool guy with his witty comments and amusing interactions with locals; he makes show interesting.

While reading Marathi Sakal News Paper, I found that he has been specially invited by Princess Bhargavi of Mewar. Sakal News paper has declared him as "Bhatakya".

According to him "Comforts don't interest him," he says. "The sort of trips I go on are all about living cheap and getting dirty which is how I like it."

I found one of his interesting interview here
He was asked one question "When you go places, do you look for the fun factor? Do you look for something that makes you go, wow? "

His Answer was " Yes and no, Mainly the things that make you go wow are the things that are unpredictable and things that you never thought about. I mean, when I traveled around India on me own before the show or whatever, I realize that in India you get the wow factor through the Taj Mahal, which is phenomenal, but the real India, you just sit on the road for a week and watch the world go by and your mind will be blown."